Monday, February 9, 2015

100th Day of School

We celebrated the 100th Day of School with some fun activities! 

We started the day with a number hunt. As the First Graders found number stickers hidden around the room, they colored the numbers on a number grid. Their coloring began to reveal a big 100 on the grid!



Throughout the day, we did lots of reading. We recorded each title on a chart. By the end of the day, the class had read 100 books!
Working hard to add to the class total of number of books read

These 10 colored sheets display the titles of the 100 books we read today!

We made necklaces from 100 pieces of cereal. This involved lots of skip-counting by fives or tens.



We did exercises in sets of 10. When the exercise was done 10 times each in 10 sets, we knew it was done 100 times! Since there were 10 different exercises, some students figured out that 10 groups of 100 make 1000!
Leg lifts, push-ups, hopping and twisting


We also wrote about the number 100. Here are a few samples.

"If I were 100 years old... I could not walk."


"If I were 100 years old... I would look really wrinkly."



"If I were 100 years old... I will take care of my grandchildren."


Happy 100th Day of School!

No comments:

Post a Comment